As suggested by University Grants Commission regulations 2012 (The Gazette of India, March 23-29,2013), and Article XXV of the constitution, the University has established a Grievance Redressal Cell, to deals with all types of grievances, complaints and malpractices including those received from Students, Faculty and other Stakeholders. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer incharge Grievance Redressal Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box and may also be sent through e-mail to the officer incharge of Grievance Cell.


Grievance cell is formed in order to keep the healthy working atmosphere amongst staff, students and parents.
• This cell helps Students to record their complaints and solve their problems related to academics, resources and personal grievances freely and frankly without any fear of victimization.
• To keep the dignity of the university high by ensuring conflict free atmosphere in the university by promoting good Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship.
• To ensure effective solution to the student grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
• In order to advising Students of the university to respect each other and be patient whenever any occasion of conflict arises.
• To advise all the students to refrain from stirring up students against other students, teachers and university administration.
• Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the HOD. Ragging Complaints will be handled as per ragging rules.
• Woman Harassment complaints will be handled as per government guidelines by respective section.


•  Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
•  Financial matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
•  Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.


• Complaint Boxes have been installed in the College campus in which the students, who want to remain anonymous, can put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the academics/administration in the UTD.
•  Students can lodge a complaint.
•  The person concerned can personally approach to any member of the Cell and can send email or write an application and submit to Cell Convener for grievances of any sort.
•  The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of grievances from the students.
•  The cell will review all cases and will act formally accordingly as per the Management policy.
•  The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.


• Decisions of the executive council, academic council, board of studies and other administrative or academic committees constituted by the university.
•  Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc.
•  Decisions made by the university with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
•  Decisions of the university about admissions in any courses offered by the institute.
•  Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.

Procedure for lodging complaint :

•  The students can lodge their grievance through online mechanism in the form provided below for lodging grievance.
•  The students may feel free to drop the writing (can be anonymous if required) in the grievance/suggestion box.
•  The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.

Form For Lodging Grievance