About Anti Ragging Cell
The problem known as “Ragging” has become serious in contemporary society. It involves insults (simple or suggestive sexual, sarcastic and even physical), forcing odd jobs for seniors, and many other complex activities. It is found in highly reputed Indian educational institutions. It has become increasingly unpopular due to several complaints of serious injury to the victims and strict laws regarding ragging.
Ragging is now defined as an act that violates or is perceived to violate an individual student's dignity. Following the Supreme Court order, a National Anti-Ragging Helpline is also launched by the Indian Government. Students being ragged can send emails at [email protected] to register their complaint which can be registered without disclosing the name(s) of the victim(s). If the students want, he or she may even complain without disclosing his or her name, by making an anonymous email id, or by calling the helpline number 1800-180-5522.
In the light of above facts, a Central Anti-ragging Committee and a Anti-ragging Squad is constituted by the University for 2015-16 as below:
|1||Prof. Anusuiya Baghel||Warden, Girl’s Hostel||9981067934|
|2||Prof. Reeta Venugopal||Head, WSC||9425515951|
|3||Dr. Amber Vyas||Warden, Boy’s Hostel||9926807999|
|4||Prof. Ashok Pradhan||Warden, Boy’s Hostel||9425511967|
|5||Prof. R. Brahme||Joint Proctor||9827110359|
|6||Dr. Neeta Bajpai||Dr. Neeta Bajpai||9425258422|
|7||Dr. Rajeev Choudhary||Joint Proctor||9691460272|
|8||Prof. R. Prasad||Professor, Economics||9827162806|
|9||Prof. R.P. Das||Chief Warden Boy’s Hostel||9425214426|
|10||Prof. S. Saraf||Professor, Pharmacy||9826150327|
|11||Prof. Z.T. Khan||Warden, Girl’s Hostel||9329093697|
|12||Prof. A.K. Pati||Professor, Life science||9826654829|
|13||Prof. A.K. Shrivastava||Proctor- Convenor||9424215539|
|1||Dr. N.K. Mishra||AIH||9630650863|
|2||Dr. B.L. Sonekar||Economics||9826167427|
|3||Dr. Vinod Patle||Com. Science||9993908607|
|4||Dr. Rajeev Choudhary||Phy. Education||9691460272|
In addition, the University has directed all the Colleges affiliated to the University and the all UTD’s :
- 1. To display periodically a Poster in which it is clearly written what is meant by “Ragging” and what is to be done if such activity happens and to display such Poster in the institution among the students.
- 2.To constitute periodically a “Anti-Ragging Committee” and display it openly mentioning its member names, mobile number and email id upon the Notice Board.
- 3. To make aware the students periodically the Anti-Ragging Act 2001 made by C.G. government.
- 4. To constitute an “Prevention of women harassment Cell and make aware of it to the women students.
- 5. To inform regularly the Registrar /Proctor of the University about the compliance of the above directions.